APPLY TO INTERNATIONAL HOUSE TODAY
Take the first steps to become an IH resident and apply today. Applications are open all year round for semester and year-long bookings.
Read our brochure for a good, overall summary of International House.
HOW TO APPLY
To become an International House (IH) resident:
- Complete an application through the IH portal.
- Once registered you will receive an email with further information about the application process and portal login details
Remember: You do not have to have your University offer to apply. You can send us this at a later date.
Should you have any questions during your application process contact our admissions officer using the Contact Form.
HOW THE APPLICATION IS PROCESSED
- International House will review your application.
- If your application meets the criteria, an offer for accommodation will be made.
- Sign and return the accommodation contract.
- Pay a deposit of AUD $3,000 to secure your room. This amount is deducted from the total fees payable.
Full payment of remaining fees is due one month prior to contract commencement.
The criterion for selection includes:
- Academic performance
- Interest in or experience living in an international community.
- Teamwork, and
- Community/school participation and involvement
- We aim for a balance of male, female, Australian and International residents.
- Applications can be submitted at any time and offers are made throughout the year.
- Fees are set by the Board in October each year.
- We offer semester only places at IH.
- Apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on a place (you can apply before you receive an offer from your university).